- I just laid down and got comfy... then realized I left the remote just a little too far out of reach.
- I bought so many groceries that I can't close my freezer drawer.
- My mother-in-law served a great dinner, but I forgot to take my Beano.
- My key-less remote died, so I have to open the door with a key.
- The elevator was broken so I had to take the stairs.
- There's not enough vanilla in my vanilla latte.
- I can't decide what color iPhone to get.
- I made too big of a sandwich and now I'm too full to finish it.
- I knew something was wrong with me today, my bracelet is on the wrong arm.
- I'm hungry, but I don't want to walk to the kitchen.
- The Domino's pizza tracker is not working. Now I don't know when to put my pants on.
- I have 52 pairs of shoes and not enough space.
- Definitely just got brain freeze cause I drank my mango, passion- fruit frap too quickly.
I want to return to Haiti, and I hope God allows me to go soon. My first two trips were with BGM (Brent Gambrell Ministries). Brent and his team are just amazing. You should check out their WEBSITE.
Brent's good friends, Mike and Missy Wilson, have also started their own work in Haiti through their ministry myLIFEspeaks. Theirs is a phenomenal and passionate story. I recommend taking a few minutes to read about their LIFE together. Their website has a great blog post by their friend Hillary Scott (Lady Antebellum) and her involvement with Mike and Missy's vision.
Mike and Missy have started an orphanage with an emphasis on caring for special needs children. They have rented a facility in Neply (in the Leogane region) to house the orphans. They have also started a feeding program to provide hot meals to over 100 children!
I dream of the day I can see the myLIFEspeaks campus, but making that trip isn't possible for everyone. If you would like to get involved from home then you are in luck! myLIFEspeaks has a wish list that makes it easy to help. All you have to do is click on the link and make a purchase. Easy schmeasy!
What more wonderful way to share God's love than to love the helpless and unwanted.
(Feel free to link this page. We need to spread the word!)