Thursday, November 20, 2008

Lots of Updates

Hi friends. Sorry I've been gone so long from the blog. As stated, there are lots of updates. Here's the bullet point version:

I lost my job last week. I had been working at the same temp assignment for a year and a half but they laid off all temporary workers and a few full time employees too. The temp agency has absolutely no assignments in sight and said it would be doubtful to find any work other than for a day or two between now and the end of the year. This news leads me to my next point...

I'm moving home to Arkansas. This is something I've known God has been calling me to for a while now. I must say that leaving Nashville makes me sad. I LOVE NASHVILLE!!!!!!! (too subtle?) However, I have to say that I love my family more and I've lived away for them for a very long time. It's time. So amazing friends I ask for your prayers for a great job and place to live in Little Rock or North Little Rock. Thank you.

I'm having my wisdom teeth cut out tomorrow afternoon. Typically this wouldn't be a big deal. I know it's pretty routine - but not for me. There are a few reasons this isn't so common for me. First, each of my two lower teeth have a serious infection and one is fully impacted to boot. Next, my top teeth are also fully impacted, turned sideways, and have invaded my sinus cavities. Nice. When the procedure is finished I will have holes in my sinuses that should heal fine but will add a little something extra to the recovery process! Yay!

However, none of that compares to the biggest reasons this is not so common for me. You see, I've never had stitches and I've never had an IV. I've also never been admitted to a hospital either. And before anyone wants to wish me soothing words of comfort allow me to reassure you that I'm not nervous about the stitches and IV. Honestly, I'm ready to get these things out of my head. The last 4.5 months of EVERYday pain is quite a motivator.

No, I'm not nervous. I'm irritated that I'm ruining my stitches & IV streaks. As the Queen of Clumsy, Clumsy Spice, or Clumsy Smurf I have had a great deal of satisfaction in the fact that I have such long running streaks... especially compared to my less and non-clumsy friends. I held on to my "no broken bones" record until I was 36. Pretty good eh? Oh well, at least they don't have to admit me. That's one record I can hang on to. (And don't tell me to knock on wood. I'm not the least bit superstitious.)

So that's the bulk of my news for now. Wait, there's one more thing. The computer at home is on the fritz. I am at the library to use the internet. That means I don't have great access to email or blogger.

I'll try to post as soon as I'm able. Thank you for your prayers. I sure love you guys!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I am so sad that you will be moving away, but I know that you are doing the right thing. I love you so much Tauna Marie!!!

Tina said...

Tauna Marie,

I still have not told the kids yet about you moving away. We need to make sure you can see them before you go.

I love you and will miss you like crazy.
Tina Jo

Janie said...

Many prayers for you as you go through all these changes!! I love you.

Kecia said...

Oh, ouch, I hurt for you. I have had IVs and stitches (duh, I have kids) but still no broken bones. You still did good. ;)
I'm sorry you lost your job, but glad you're coming back to the Promised Land! Wouldn't it be fun to all get together? I'll be praying for you a job & place to live.

Dee said...

Send me your new email address, I have something that I want to send to you.
Dee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips