Friday, July 29, 2011

Big Lips and Mater

I hadn't seen my Caitie Bug in a couple of weeks. I missed her. She missed me too (YAY!). So we decide on a spontaneous trip to the movies. YAY again! It was a Light TaterBug Day.

Just one little problem. I poked something into my eye.
Pain... check.
Tears... check.
Late for our last minute movie... check.

Oh well. We were still going to get four hours together. Since we were hungry we went to one of our FAVIE places - Pei Wei. (We also hit The Container Store since we were in that shopping center.) Next up was a thrift store for items for a craft project I'm working on.

Our last stop was the Brown Sugar Bake Shop for cupcakes. Bug got strawberry - her favorite. I got chocolate Oreo (and a red velvet to take to my mama). If you are in the LR area you MUST stop by. The goodies are delish, and the shop is too. stinking. cute! (Please forgive the lack of a photo. I forgot to take my camera. I could have taken a photo with my phone, but it was raining outside, and we were too busy noshing to take a photo inside. Next time, I promise!)

We decided to have fun on the drive home. I broke out the big lips and Mater teeth. Unfortunately we laughed for a good five miles, so we were useless. We finally got ourselves under control and rode down the road like this.



Very few drivers noticed, but those who did were fun to watch. We had such serious faces, and we caused a few double takes. The best reaction was from an airman on his way home from the LRAFB. We passed each other a couple of times in both lanes. When he went by on his second pass we waved at him. He kept turning around and looking back as he passed. He never stopped smiling!

1 comment:

Kecia said...

You're so funny! And such a good aunt. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips