Monday, March 31, 2008

It's Good To Be Me

Can I just tell you how excited I am? The tea party is coming together quite nicely. The invitations were mailed last Friday. The menu has been decided and the decorations are underway. I've also retrieved several hats from my storage unit.

We are keeping it rather intimate. Mom and I are hosting and it looks as if everyone will be able to attend. The guest list consists of my sister Mary, niece Caitie, sister-in-law Karen, and Caitie's two best friends Beka and Ashley. (Ashley, Beka, and Caitie are known as ABC.)

The menu is simple and fun. We will be serving flower shaped sandwiches, cucumber with pink cream cheese and toasted butter & sugar. The butter and sugar sandwiches will have pink sugar dusted over the butter. We will serve cupcakes frosted in spring colors and tiered on cake stands, chocolate covered fruit, and fruit tea.

Since our party is called "A Spring Tea" we won't be having hot tea. This allows me to use Mom's collection of tea pots as decoration. In addition to fresh Spring flowers I will be making several tissue paper peonies to put into tea pot "vases."

Each guest will have an Asian take-out box with goodies as a party favor. The boxes are a spring green color and will be tied with ribbons in pinks and oranges. Inside each box will be a wrapped piece of chocolate covered fruit, a Laura Ashley post-it pad, and a handmade bracelet (if I am able to make them in time).

So are you picking up on my excitement? And the coolest part is that this party will be my 3rd celebration in as many days. On Friday I have a lunch date with my mom and sis, then Saturday is a big, family tradition, birthday party we have at this time every year. (Caitie, her brother Topher, and cousin Matt all have birthdays the last week of March.) Then I round things out with the tea party on Sunday.

So I'm going home to a girls day out and TWO fun parties with people I love. How good is it to be me?!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I WANT TO COME!!!! (Stomping feet and wailing pitifully...) :-D :-D :-D

Okay, now that I have that out of the way...this sounds like *so much* fun!! I hope that you all have a *wonderful* time. Tell everyone I said hi, give your mama (and Mary and Caitie) a hug from me...and you know what I'm sending to your dad. ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips